Wednesday, September 24, 2014

SO How Have I Been Doing?

I started this 2 weeks after my start at the gym but just didn't get around to finishing it and sending it out.

Well it's been 2 weeks back at the gym and adding the Isagenix IsaLean Shakes to my day...

I thought about writing this blog after my first week at the gym and then decided that no, it would be more effective if I wrote this after week 2.  Week 1 can always go great but week 2 gets trickier.

My first week back at CrossFit Indestri was awesome!  Thanks again to those who welcomed me back.  I was not the fastest, nor the strongest but it doesn't matter.  I walked in those doors and felt the community I was missing over the past few months.  Talk about an instant lift in spirits.  I only made it to 2 classes that week but finished off my week with a 5k walk on the day I couldn't get in.

I also started adding the shakes to my post workout routine.  What a difference this makes!  I know how important calories in and calories out are but they are SO much  more important when you have a little one depending on your body to provide them with a healthy, nutrition packed meal!  I no longer felt like Camryn was draining every bit of energy and nutrient from my body.

I'm not saying week 1 was a walk in the park but it was a walk in the right direction.

Week 2 I made it into the gym for 4 classes!!  One of those classes was on September 11th.  CFI dedicated a pretty intense WOD to that day:

2001m Row or 2001m Run - I started with the Row because I am having trouble with my foot
11 Box Jumps (30"/24") - I did 20" step-ups, again foot
11 Thrusters (125#/85#) - 45# for me
11 Burpee Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
11 Power Cleans (170#/120#) - 65#
11 Handstand Push-Ups - 2 Abmats under my head but still did them!
11 Kettlebell Swings - 12kg
11 Toes to Bar
11 Deadlifts (170#/120#) - 85#
11 Push Jerks (110#/75#) - 55#
2001m Row or 2001m Run - Run

Throughout all those exercises I kept saying to myself "anything that I feel right now is nothing compared to the heroes of that day.  They may have wanted to stop but they didn't.  They fought through it and saved as many lives as possible."  So, by the time I was going to do a second row instead of the run, I had decided that I would champ through the run.  Even if it meant that I had to walk a portion of it, I was going to stop.  Well, I ran the 2001m.  I was the last to complete but I wasn't alone.  My "family", the people I love to see everyday at CFI, came out to greet me on the last 400m.  They cheered me on, even ran the last little bit with me.  What an emotional moment!  THIS is why I love my CrossFit box.  THIS is why I could not imagine my life without it.  The workouts make me realize potential I never thought was there and the people, the people are the most supportive and amazing group I've ever met!
It is amazing what better nutrition and exercise can do for one's physical and mental health.  Mentally I am heading back to that awesome place I was a short while ago.  Physically, I am further ahead then I was when I first started but not where I was before pregnancy BUT that's ok.  I know now that I'll get there and that, once again, I'll reach new limits.  Week #2 was much easier which means weeks 3, 4, 5...  will all get easier as well.
So here it is, 2 weeks back at the gym and 2 weeks of Isagenix (I tried to get as close up as I did with the first)...
Starting to get my muscle back :)




No comments:

Post a Comment