Friday, April 5, 2013

Chocolate Lover

One thing I wasn't prepared to give up in my new lifestyle... CHOCOLATE!

So I haven't completely given up chocolate.  I like to have a square or 2 in the afternoon.  I try very hard not to have one every day but they're just so yummy!!  Oh chocolate...

What I did change was the type of chocolate.  I now eat dark chocolate at 72% cacao or more.  Usually I get the Lindt 85%.  It's really dark.  Dark enough that I just want a taste and that seems to satisfy the sugar demons.

Unfortunately I have been on a milk chocolate binge though since Easter.  Yep, Ciara's chocolate is not safe with me.  Not one bit!  Ugh, it's just so delicious!   

The only thing with milk chocolate is that it contains all the bad stuff that tells your brain you want more.  It's so full of sugar that your body just keeps going and going and going...  You know, like the Energizer Bunny.  Then, you feel gross.  Chocolate overload!

So my goal for next week, stay away from milk chocolate.  Notice I said next week?  Ya, I'm giving myself the weekend.  Why not?

Here's one of my favourite Paleo-Friendly chocolate treats:

Peppermint Chocolate Macaroons from Against All Grain





I just made 2 batches of these goodies for tomorrow's celebration of the completion of the CrossFit Open competition at CrossFit Indestri.  Hope everyone enjoys them!!

Stay tuned for a recap of my first Open experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment