Saturday, April 20, 2013

Girls Night

I just spent a great night with a very special female...

My beautiful daughter Ciara.

This week was a very busy week.  Early mornings and late nights meant very little family time.  Then off to her Grandma's she went for a sleepover as Mommy had to work this morning as well.  These busy times can kind of take a toll on family life.

Unfortunately family time is going to have to wait.  Parker is away with the Major Bantam Boys Basketball team at their Provincials.  So instead of Family QT, Ci and I had some Girlie QT.

Off to Kelsey's we went.  While we waited for our food we chatted and coloured away on her menu.  Played some Tic Tac Toe.  Food was delicious.

We headed home and got into our PJs.  After a couple of iCarly episodes, we settled down for a cuddle and to watch "Aliens in the Attic".  Although she's seen it before, she wanted to see it again.




We didn't do much tonight but it was time we needed.  With so much happening in our busy lives and some big changes to come, I made a promise to Ciara that we would do this much more often.  We did the big handshake on it :)

Family is so important.  I'm very lucky and have grown up with a family that has always been there for me.  Through the good and even more so through the bad.  I want Ci to grow up with that same feeling of togetherness and love.  

For Ci and I, we've gone through a couple of tough family changes and a couple of really great ones.  We have a strong family unit now and couldn't be more happier.  So my promise to her, is something I plan on keeping... for as long as she wants to hang with her Momma ;)

I'll leave you with a quote that is very fitting for my family situation :)

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life ~ Richard Bach

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's funny looking back on my last post and realizing just how drastically our lives did change but not in the way we expected :(

    Moving on...

    ReplyDelete