Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013: What am I thankful for?

This year at the Kusiar Thanksgiving, Dad started the toast a little differently...




Mike/Grandpa/Dad: "I am thankful for the upcoming marriage of Michelle and Parker, the arrival of our new grandchild, and having all of you here for Thanksgiving"

Rose/Grandma/Mom: "I am just thankful that we could all be together for Thanksgiving this year."

Aaron/Nephew: "I'm thankful for my family"

Jenn/Aunt Jenn/Sister: "I'm thankful to be able to spend the day with all the people I love."

Jake/Nephew: Jake struggled or was shy at first so we said we'd come back to him...

Neil/Uncle Neil/Brother-In-Law: "I'm thankful for family and health"

Parker/Hubby-to-be: "I'm thankful for these 2 beautiful girls in my life, and family."

Ciara/Daughter: "I'm thankful for my family"

Me: "I'm thankful for family, my health this time around, and a good ol' Rosie turkey dinner!"

Jake shouted out a "Food.  I'm thankful for food."  Love it!

I have so many things to be thankful for this year.  Yes, life dealt us a few blows this year but, we've survived.  I am thankful for an amazing man in my life.  Someone who treats my like an equal, a life partner.  Someone who wants to share every life experience with me.  A man who loves me and love my daughter as if she were his own.  I am truly thankful that Parker is a part of my life and plans on sticking around for a while ;)

I am thankful for my beautiful daughter.  She is the light of my life.  It was her that helped me through my rough times a few years ago.  Her beautiful smile that made me want to get up every morning, become a stronger person, and live life to the fullest.  My caring, loving daughter Ciara means the whole world to me and I am truly thankful to have her in my life.

I am thankful for my family.  The love and support my parents, sister, and brother-in-law continuously provide.  I don't know what I would do without them.

I am thankful for my friends.  Their willingness to make sure I stay in good spirits through the tough times, helping out when needed and just all around support and love.

I am thankful for the roof over my head, a second roof to run away to in the beautiful Bruce, and the ability to be able to provide for my family.

Lastly, I am thankful that I have been blessed with the opportunity to carry another child.  To give Ciara a baby brother/sister and Parker a son/daughter next Spring!!  That's right peeps, we're having a baby :)




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Parker! Clearly good things come to those who wait...xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete