Tuesday, March 26, 2013

So Deeply Moved... Thank you

I am completely overwhelmed by the response and support my blog has received in it's short existence. 


When I started writing my story last week, it was really in celebration of all that I have accomplished over the past year.  I had all these thoughts that I just needed to get out.  I wanted to share so much but only expected that it would be to those that know me.  Either we're friends on Facebook or they follow me on Twitter.  I truly did not expect anything more.

I checked my stats after my first post.  There was over 100 pageviews in less than an hour!  This "audience" was from all over the world!  I had posted my blog on a Facebook page I follow "Women of CrossFit = Strong".  A page where women share their inspiring stories.  I thought "hey, why not."  

Next thing I knew, my blog was being shared by others.  Shared by friends.  My first post is already up to 277 pageviews.  Really?

Since then I've written 3 more posts.  A total of 729 pageviews!!  What???  Now, I'm not going to get too excited, I understand that it's not necessarily 700 peeps but still.  WOW, it's all I can say.  Of course most of these are in Canada but my little blog has been seen in the US, Germany, the UK, Netherlands, Indonesia, Sweden, Dominican Republic, Hong Kong, and Panama!!

The messages I have received through Twitter and Facebook have been overwhelming.  These people are calling my story "inspiring".  They're proud of me, my accomplishments.  They are words of encouragement.  I thank you.  

Then today, my blog was read by 2 people who I often either read their articles and blogs or listen to their opinions on the radio.  I received great comments and this:

McLeods Musings with Mariane McLeod

Thank you Mariane!  Your words are very kind and I am honoured that you shared my story!

Thank you everyone!  Thank you for your kind words and your support :)


No comments:

Post a Comment